Friday, June 25, 2010

Ambitions and Achievements

Over the past week a lot has gone on at the house. The sink leak was fixed and the yucky faucet was replaced by a new one. Also, one side and the front of the exterior of the house were scraped and primed. We picked out the paint color for the exterior - Gray, "Graceful Gray" to be exact - and we are going to paint our front door an eggplant purple. Actually, I think that the paint pallet calls it "Ripe Fig". Dave, Rory's brother, is in town for a long weekend and the pair has high ambitions for their time. The sound of drills, saws, and tearing wood have been echoing through the house all day. The back sun room is completely demolished, it no longer exists. In it's place will be a mud room and a screened in porch. I have been cooking to try and keep the working men fed - this morning I made BBQ sauce and have baked a pork tenderloin for pulled pork. I also made a cilantro pesto - thanks to both Jan and Emily I had an overwhelming amount of cilantro - but the pesto turned most of it into a delicious treat. Oh! We also got a dumpster delivered. Very exciting times here.

I am going to save the pictures of the porch demo until the end of the day, because I want to get the whole day's project from start to finish. Instead, I will show you these:


The side of the house before the scraping and the priming....

The same spot after the fact.
The yard before the weed whacking
And after!

The floorboards (love them) that are different widths and go in many different directions. This is where the kitchen boards meet the living room boards.

And...the sunset from the front yard sometime during the week

I will be posting again very soon to show you the progress from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment