Monday, April 25, 2011

The Kitchen

I would like to say that this post is also a long time coming. But I don't think that encompasses how many times people have begged, pleaded even, for a post or even an update. I claimed I was way too busy at school and I couldn't handle it. It is true that I was at school, and now I am not. That then I was attempting to finish my masters degree, and now I have. But in truth, I probably could have used some of my procrastination energy on this blog and now it is very sad and very neglected. I am going to try to rectify my wrongs, but don't you hold your breath. Apparently I am really good at reading blogs, but not so good at managing my own.

Today I will be showing off our kitchen, my favorite indoor space.

Let's take a trip down memory lane and see what it once was. I shudder looking at these photos and come close to being violently ill, but I can stave off illness by looking at the real thing in front of me now. Okay, take a deep breath and here we go to June 2010:



Janet cleaning the scary surfaces







At least it looks clean

Next are the transition shots. Luckily for me, I was living in Montreal for this period.









I've learned to celebrate small things, like the fact that there are sheet rocked walls in this picture




This is starting to look up to snuff don't you think?


So here we are, what the kitchen looks like today. I took these pictures this morning, you can see how bright the kitchen is...it is south facing so it has sunlight all day long!









I am very excited about the doors and drawers. Ah, the little things.




We've come a long way!!! The next installment will showcase the bathroom. Have a great week!

1 comment: